We are happy to announce new market hours for the Collegedale Market on Sundays, 10am-2pm . While the Collegedale Market has been in operation for two full seasons at The Commons, the 2020 season was disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, with new guidelines and restrictions, folks will soon be able to reconnect with farms to provide fresh fruits, veggies and other essential goods for their family.
“We’ve been busy growing certified organic produce and we’re looking forward to returning to the Collegedale Market on May 10th. We’ve missed our customers and are looking forward to replenishing their kitchens with our beautiful, healthy, fresh, organic produce. We will have seasonal greens, such as: kale, lettuce, Swiss chard, our milled products that include cornmeal, corn grits, wheat flour, bread flour, rye flour, pumpernickel flour, oat porridge, oat flour and a variety of micro greens.” – Cynthia Chaffer, Red Clay Farms
The timing is now for farms, who are looking forward to having an outlet for their crops to become available again,
And for the residents of East Hamilton County it will be welcome news.
“I’m very excited to learn that The Commons will host the outdoor Collegedale Market opening on May 10th. This is a great way to celebrate opening the community back up and Mother’s Day. We are glad this event this will be outdoors with appropriate social distancing.” – Tim Johnson, Vice Mayor of Collegedale
The modified Collegedale (essentials) Market will feature:
- Fewer than 50 farmers, food artisans and essentials such as soaps and lotions
- Take-and-go items (no on site dining)
- No sampling or unnecessary handling of products
- Outdoors only; Founders Hall will remain closed
- Vendors will be wearing masks and gloves
- Patrons are expected to wear face masks, per state guidelines
- Please observe social distancing, and limit your visit to under one hour.
- Market Hours: Sundays 10am-2pm
The following market elements are temporarily suspended:
- No arts and crafts
- No onsite dining
- No live music
- No cultural themes, festivals or activities
The temporary format is expected to last through the summer months.